Tuesday 10 January 2012

A much needed update

Finally I'm giving you all what you wanted, an update that includes pictures and video. 

This video is from his first outing into his paddock.  See the previous post to know what I'm talking about. 
It's kinda lengthy, I didn't really edit it just threw all the clips together and added a title.  He was 1 wk old when this was shot.



I know now why it's taken me so long to get these posted, my damn computer and internet are just so FRIGGIN TEMPERMENTAL!! it took me WAY too long to get these photos on for all your viewing pleasure, I still have a few more that I wanted to get posted but ran out of time because it had gotten so late. 

But here are a few to get you started.  I appologize as they are not exactly in chronilogical order, once again due to the unruly nature of the program, my computer, and internet. 
This picture he would be a couple mo's old at least, I want to say this was from late august. 

Here he is hanging out with his buddy, and my other filly Goldwyn AV (hann X dutch)
This one is very recent as you can see the snow.  Having a nap. :)

Clearly from the summer, chilling in his paddock, as you can see he is able to navigate quite like a normal horse. Yes it's electric fence, yes it's on, and yes he knows where it is.

The last 2 are from just prior to going out in the large field.  Mom and him would go out for walk/grazing sessions with Tony daily.  Mom was always happy to have fresh green grass and always stayed close to home and will would meander around closely monitored of course.  He was smart, he was also allowed to walk around freely, and the rope was no bother to him, and allowed us a way to catch him if needed without startling him. 

Always happy to have a good scratch on his neck.  About 1 mo old in these 2 photos. 


He continues to grow like a weed, and becomes more and more independent, playful and social with every passing day.  If I can ever get lucky enough to catch him on film tearing around the paddock I'll try to get up for you to see.  It's pretty miraculous to watch how he'll run around like a normal yearling, and avoid all the obstacles in his path.  He'll literally run straight towards the fence/shelter you think "eeks he's going to hit" then in just a few mere feet remaining he will stop and/or turn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.