Saturday 23 April 2011

I'm a bad blogger...

I've been swamped with work and horses, but I've finally found some time to sit down and write this post. 

The little dude has been doing GREAT!! I'm pleased to announce.  He is getting really big, I'll try to get some new pictures for you.  He's starting to look more and more like a normal, non blind foal.  His circles are becoming less and less, however I doubt they will ever go completely away.  He doesn't have as much of a head tilt, and he is way more respectful towards his handlers!!

He's is finally starting to become more affectionate, he's cuddling with me a lot more now, he's less scared when I walk into the stall or up to him.  And he's just freakin cuddly!!! I can snuggle up to him when he's laying down, he no longer jumps up in fear, and now he'll lean into me, as well as groom me.  He is most certainly Mr. personality though.  A true character in every sense.  He's so playful, and rambunctious.  Although he no longer is running into things as badly. 

I don't really have anything major to report on so maybe that is another reason you haven't heard from me in a while. 

They have had to stay confined to a stall a little more than I would like due to all this crappy weather we've been having.  But he deals well.  Mom on the other hand is starting to look a little frustrated about her smaller than normal confines.  I think I may have to consider the idea of getting him a play mate earlier on and weaning him a month or 2 earlier than I would a normal foal. 

He has been wearing a foal blanket lately due to the sudden changes in weather (thank you Shannon) and he's grown so much that he has almost outgrown the blanket that he's only been wearing for a little over a week!! crazy!! 

We've had to have a few lessons, and I know with him, they are going to have to be an ongoing thing, and much more frequent than an average foal.  We've had to really work on touching him behind his butt, and back legs, he has some rather big opinions on that one.  Tony has helped a bit in holding him while I picked up his back legs, he got over that one surprisingly quick.  However tony thinks it's funny that he tries to kick out when you touch him on his bum, not really helping me so much on that one but oh well.  It's funny for now, but not for long as he continues to grow as fast as he is. 

I'll get more pictures soon... thanks for staying tooned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.